Al-Aqsa School provides an exceptional learning environment for both staff and pupils. We are an Independent Muslim School. We are very proud of our students who demonstrate exceptional behaviour and attitude to learning. The school is led by leaders with high level of experience and expertise. The school has a very supportive Governing Body and parents.
‘The quality of teaching is good across the full age range of the school. Pupils make good progress with their learning and are prepared well for further education and employment’. Ofsted November 2017
Part Time Key Stage 3 Science Teacher
From August 2019 we require a committed colleague with a real interest in the provision of quality and imaginative teaching of Science to join a very successful and supportive department. Results at GCSE level have been outstanding over the past few years. The successful candidate will be expected to teach Science at Key Stage 3 covering Year 7 and year 8. This role is part-time for 8 hours a week.
We are looking for candidates who are or have:
- A passion for a creative and engaging curriculum.
- Ability to enthuse and motivate learners.
- Excellent practitioners with inspirational teaching.
- Committed to the aspiration and values of the school
- Excellent interpersonal skills and are committed to working as part of a friendly, hard-working team.
We can offer:
- A professional, supportive and diverse school community.
- A coaching model to develop Learning and Teaching
- The challenge of maintaining high standards.
- The opportunity to work with an experienced leadership & management team and support staff.
- Children who are well motivated, well behaved and who enjoy learning.
- A stable, professional staff with a range of experience and skills.
- A strong and supportive parent community.
£10-£13 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Visits to the school are very welcome. To arrange a visit please contact our Office Manager Ms Khalisah Brown on 0116 2760953 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits to the school will be accompanied by a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
Closing date: Monday 24th June 2019 12pm
Shortlisting: Monday 24th June 2019
Interviews: Friday 28th June 2019
Al Aqsa School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Application form: Download