Founded in 1998, Al-Aqsa is a full-time, non-selective school for children aged 3 – 16. We offer a broad and balanced holistic curriculum that integrates Islamic perspectives throughout all academic subject areas, with a focus on the Qur’an and character development. Our curriculum places an emphasis on personalised learning. Pupils of all ages are challenged to do their personal best and guided to become independent, creative learners.
- To develop the whole personality of pupils with Tauheed at the core and Islam as the main focus of their lives.
- To help children acquire a moral attitude to life through conscientious awareness and the practice of Divine Guidance in all their affairs and transactions.
- To encourage the pursuit and acquisition of general knowledge and skills.
- To promote the dignity of each young person through self-respect, respect for parents, elders and others, and through the development of personal responsibility.
- To help young people to understand the complexity of the world in which they live and that their own well-being is closely connected to the well-being of others.
- To develop an understanding of, and respect for, differences that exist in multi-cultural, multi-faith British society.
- To ensure that young people enjoy their life at school, and develop a love of learning and a strong desire to continue their education as a lifelong experience.
Al-Aqsa School is committed to remaining a small, friendly, independent school. Our secondary sector provision now offer a independent Islamic education from the nursery through to GCSE level for the families we serve, insha’Allah.