Careers at Al Aqsa School
Welcome to the Career Development Department
Al Aqsa School has a clear commitment to providing Career Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to all its students from Year 7 onwards.
Al-Aqsa School offers a range of information, advice and guidance to assist pupils in making well informed and realistic decisions about their future options and careers. Every student is encouraged to set their sights high for their future, nurture their gifts and make the most of their talents regardless of their background or individual circumstances. In order to help them prepare for college, university and the world of employment, we provide timely careers guidance, enterprise and leadership initiatives in school. The intended outcomes are for students to:
- Develop themselves through career and work-related education
- Learn about careers and the world of work
- Develop career management and employability skills
Each student through their time at school has access to:
- Independent and impartial guidance
- Help centred around individual needs
- Fully qualified Career Guidance Practitioners and advice from the School Pastoral Team. Booking Guidance Interviews can be done through the Secondary Admin Office
- A structured, broad, balanced CEIAG programme in Years 7-11 that is integrated into the PSHE/Careers Guidance programme within the school
- Information to allow the student to make informed choices and decisions through the Careers Advisor and access to career information internet sites.
Where do I find out what is on offer?
- CEIAG is introduced through the PSHE programme whereby students are made fully aware of what is offer
- Careers events including those associated with applying to Higher Education are published in the student Careers pack
The department co-ordinates an extensive programme of visits, speakers and events for each year, alongside an annual careers convention, UCAS application support, work experience, mock interviews with feedback, and taught sessions as part of the PSHE programme for Years 7-11.
Listed below are useful links:
Connexions Leicester City
National Careers Service