Al-Aqsa School Madrassah 2018-2019
Aims and objectives
- To offer a madrassah that runs straight after school and during term time only.
- To develop correct pronunciation and reading of the Quran.
- To do Hifdh (memorisation) of Juz Amma and more where possible.
- To learn aspects of Islam, manners/etiquettes, aqeedah, fiqh, islamic history/about the Prophets, and develop an attachment to the deen.
- To memorise a selection of du’aas.
- To do a little homework.
- To encourage a sharing/caring attitude.
- To practise self improvement through practising a value per week or fortnight.
The madrassah is run 3 times a week; on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays. It starts at 3.00 pm and finishes at 4.45 pm. It only runs during term time.
There are 2 groups:
- FS2 and Year 1
- Year 2- Year 6
A typical day looks like:
3.00-3.15 Fruit time (children share their fruits)
3.15-3.20 Plan of the day/Check homework
3.20-3.45 Qaidah/Quran testing by teacher and practise of new lesson.
3.45-4.15 Hifdh testing by teacher and practise of new lesson.
4.15-4.40 Islamic studies Safar book
Arabic Handwriting Practice
Reflecting on and journaling about what we are grateful for
4.40-4.45 Flash cards with frequently occurring words in the Quran.
£38 per child per month / £3.25 per child per lesson.
As previously mentioned, classes are run 3 times a week. However, we are actively looking to make it to 5 days a week. We are also trying to extend our madrassah provisions to the secondary girls.
To be kept updated, please visit our school’s website and the school’s twitter.
You can also email us with your queries at: email@example.com